Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a digital subscription? How much does it cost?A Free Lance-Star digital subscription gives you access to all content on Fredericksburg.com, Freelancestar.com and the Free Lance-Star e-edition.
There are three price options that include a digital subscription:
- 7-day home delivery of the printed newspaper + digital access at all times: $17 per month
- 2-day weekend delivery (Saturday and Sunday) of the printed newspaper + digital access at all times: $12 per month
- Digital-only access at all times: $15 per month
2. I get home delivery of the newspaper. Do I get free access?Yes. All existing subscribers get full digital access.
To activate your digital subscription, you'll need to connect your home delivery subscription to your digital account.
Please note that free access is for home delivery customers only. If you purchase single copies of the newspaper at a newsstand or other retailer, you will need to purchase a digital subscription separately.
3. What if I don't want to subscribe - can I still read digital content for free?Visitors to our sites will get access to a limited amount of free content every month.
4. Why do I get only some content free each month?The Free Lance-Star charges for digital access so we can continue to invest in the quality journalism you know and love. We've set the limit high enough that many readers won't encounter it. But if you're a regular reader, we hope you'll consider subscribing. You'll get unlimited access to all of our content, including articles, blog posts, video, slide shows and other multimedia features - on any device.
5. How are digital subscriptions billed?We accept major credit cards. Subscriptions are billed every month. Your subscription will be renewed automatically, and you will be charged in advance of each billing cycle unless you cancel.
6. Can I get access on my smartphone or tablet? What devices are supported?Yes. Our subscription options include unlimited access to our content on any computer or device that can browse the Web with a modern browser. Some computers with obsolete browsers or operating systems may have trouble accessing some of the content on our sites.
7. What is the cancellation and refund policy?You can cancel your subscription at any time. When you cancel, we will stop charging your account the following billing cycle.
8. Can I get a digital subscription to just Fredericksburg.com or just Freelancestar.com?No. The basic digital subscription package gives you ongoing unlimited access to all of our digital content--we don't separate the digital products.
9. Can I access articles through Facebook, Twitter, search engines or my blog?Yes. We encourage links from Facebook, Twitter, search engines, blogs and social media.
10. I am a home delivery customer. How do I activate my free, unlimited digital access?You'll just need to connect your home delivery account to a digital account.
You'll need to provide us some identification information so we can locate your account.